About BKJ Martial Arts
BKJ Martial Arts was first established as Budoshinkai Karate-Jitsu in 1992 which has been offering instruction in Karate. We operate out of two Sydney based locations – Roselands and West Pennant Hills.
Headed by Dr George Adams (Hanshi) and his expert instructors, people have been getting in the best shape of their lives while having a great time learning valuable and practical self defence. Kids ages 4 years and older are taught life skills that will give them a great start in life.
What our sparring looks like. The best way to sum it is FUN!
Why You Should Train With Us
We are dedicated to providing our students with the most professional and high quality instruction in martial arts training. Our programmes particularly focus on improving physical and mental strength of our students.
Our school has proved successful many times over with students being able to protect themselves and loved ones. We are one of the very few schools that offer Reality Based Defence (RBD) which is taught to students to deal with real situations unlike regular classroom self defence which has not been proven or pressure tested. All our senior Instructors have been trained in RBD by professionals.
10 Reasons for Training Martial Arts
To parents that have little experience with the world of martial arts, the entire sport can seem violent and dangerous for kids. Upon closer inspection, however, many find that their kids will reap an innumerable amount of benefits from participation in a martial arts training program. In addition to busting sedentary habits and getting kids in shape, martial arts instruction also helps kids learn these ten valuable lessons.
1. Learn Life Skills – One of the greatest aspects of martial arts training is the life skills it instills in students. Focus, courtesy, respect and goal setting are just some of the basic skills to be learned.
2. Fitness – Martial arts training provides a great opportunity to get in shape and enjoy doing it!
3. Self Defence – In today’s society, we want to know our children are safe and we can protect our families if necessary. Our martial arts curriculum will enable children to understand what to do if dangerous situations occur and give them the confidence to deal with bullies and strangers.
4. Family Bonding – It’s an experience the whole family can enjoy together. What other activities offer this type of opportunity? Martial arts is a wonderful and positive activity for the young and the young at heart. The entire family can go through the process of earning belts and learning something together.
5. Individual Achievement – In the martial arts, nobody sits on the bench! Unlike some other traditional sports, martial arts training is not a team activity. Martial Artists strive to become better than they were the day before and not be judged by the performance of the person standing next to them. Individuals are challenged and pushed to achieve their own personal best.
6. Social Network of Positive People – The saying goes, “It takes a community to raise a child.” Martial arts is a great way to surround yourself with positive influences that will have a lasting impact on your family.
7. Achieve Goals – The built-in system of earning belts teaches setting and achieving goals and it instills the discipline of hard work. The rewards will last a lifetime!
8. Carry on a Tradition – Martial arts training has been around for centuries, so you become a part of something special and to help carry on the tradition and philosophies.
9. Learn about Life Skills – Training is a great way to learn skills which will help or influence life in a positive way.
10. Have Fun – There are many serious sides to training but the best part is how much fun it is.
How to Contact Us
We invite you to come and visit any of our schools and consider enrolling in one of our outstanding programs such as, Karate- Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kids Karate, Kids Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing.
You can also reach us direct by email email@example.com, or Contact Form. You can also call us on the telephone on 0418-608-688.
“Allan began training with the Little Dragons when he was 4 years of age and he is now 12 training with the seniors. Budoshinkai builds confidence and self-esteem in children. Kids are better prepared mentally to cope with bullying.
“I enrolled my boys so they could learn martial arts in a afe and family friendly environment, and since joining yself I’ve had a great time learning from the skill and wisdom of all the instructors. The people are nice, the nstructors are patient, and the skills we learn are priceless as well as technical proficiency, every lesson is underpinned with real life application, training our minds as much as our body. Anyone seeking a technically sound martial arts regime with real world application should definitely check out BKJ.”
12 years later: Jim Hughes (3rd Dan in Karate & Black Belt in Jiu Jitsu)
standing with his Black Belt sons, Riley and Logan.
“Greetings Hanshi. My little one is absolutely loving it, training at BKJ. She’s come a long way in a short amount of time. My older daughter and I are also just as happy, not to mention, my nephew who has also recently signed up. What a great place to train.”
Jarrod Papandrea (30/1/14):
“I would like to share my pleasant experiences as a new starter. I have now been practicing for 3 weeks and I am 37 years of age and always wanted to learn a martial art for many years.
After receiving a leaflet in the mail, I called Dr Adams and I turned up for my first class on a Saturday and was very nervous. Dr Adams welcomed me with a friendly smile and remembering my name. Still nervous and unsure, I accepted to participate. With the encouragement from Dr Adams and other students, I felt a little more at ease. Dr Adams led me though the class drills but I was becoming concerned about my fitness but I was advised to take it slow. I was also given a 1 on 1 session with a Black Belt and made to feel part of this team. I agreed to join immediately after the first session for a few good reasons:
· The positiveness and passion Dr Adams and his students have for this art
· The class is conducted in an encouraging environment
· Budoshinkai Karate Jitsu is street wise
· There is respect for this art and its teachers
· Improving my fitness and walking away with life skills.
Thank you Hanshi and the Team. If you are considering a martial art, I encourage you to push through a few nerves and come and have a look. I am so glad I did!”