About BKJ Martial Arts
10 Reasons for Training Martial Arts
To parents that have little experience with the world of martial arts, the entire sport can seem violent and dangerous for kids. Upon closer inspection, however, many find that their kids will reap an innumerable amount of benefits from participation in a martial arts training program. In addition to busting sedentary habits and getting kids in shape, martial arts instruction also helps kids learn these ten valuable lessons.
1. Learn Life Skills – One of the greatest aspects of martial arts training is the life skills it instills in students. Focus, courtesy, respect and goal setting are just some of the basic skills to be learned.
2. Fitness – Martial arts training provides a great opportunity to get in shape and enjoy doing it!
3. Self Defence – In today’s society, we want to know our children are safe and we can protect our families if necessary. Our martial arts curriculum will enable children to understand what to do if dangerous situations occur and give them the confidence to deal with bullies and strangers.
4. Family Bonding – It’s an experience the whole family can enjoy together. What other activities offer this type of opportunity? Martial arts is a wonderful and positive activity for the young and the young at heart. The entire family can go through the process of earning belts and learning something together.
5. Individual Achievement – In the martial arts, nobody sits on the bench! Unlike some other traditional sports, martial arts training is not a team activity. Martial Artists strive to become better than they were the day before and not be judged by the performance of the person standing next to them. Individuals are challenged and pushed to achieve their own personal best.
6. Social Network of Positive People – The saying goes, “It takes a community to raise a child.” Martial arts is a great way to surround yourself with positive influences that will have a lasting impact on your family.
7. Achieve Goals – The built-in system of earning belts teaches setting and achieving goals and it instills the discipline of hard work. The rewards will last a lifetime!
8. Carry on a Tradition – Martial arts training has been around for centuries, so you become a part of something special and to help carry on the tradition and philosophies.
9. Learn about Life Skills – Training is a great way to learn skills which will help or influence life in a positive way.
10. Have Fun – There are many serious sides to training but the best part is how much fun it is.
How to Contact Us
We invite you to come and visit any of our schools and consider enrolling in one of our outstanding programs such as, Karate- Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kids Karate, Kids Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing.